METROFootballer electrocuted at shop in Lagos


One Taiwo Akinlusi, popularly referred to as Sir Tee among his football fans meet his untimely death on Saturday, when his head mistakenly touched a unadorned wire when he was coming down from the staircase of a plaza where he visited play football betting at Ile-Epo stop , Ejigbo.

An eyewitness, Mr. Abiodun Adaranijo, who spoke to DAILY POST, explained that while coming down the steps after betting at the plaza, the unsuspecting deceased had touched a unadorned wire dangling together with his head.

Adaranijo said he (the deceased) would have bent his head to avoid the wire but he didn't note of the clumsy dangling wires.

According to Adaranijo, it had been not the primary time Akinlusi would undergo the staircase and bypass the wire even thereon fateful, thanks to his hurriedness to travel back home after placing stakes, he forgot to bend his head to avoid the wire at the spot and mistakenly touched the wire together with his head.

The deceased was said to be a footballer playing for Ejigbo All Stars FC.

His corpse was said to possess been deposited within the mortuary at Isolo General Hospital.

The chairman of Ailegun Community Development Association ( CDA), Barr. Bimbo Olawale, who confirmed the incident, said it had been unfortunate, saying the residents are always warned to take care of their electrical wiring to avoid such incidents.

“We always warn people to be security conscious. We tell them that security include anything which will affect human life like electricity in terms of wiring.

“The incident was an unfortunate one and that we pray to not experience such again but we should be conscious. The incident has affected the facility supply within the community, the availability to the world has got to be transitioned but we've contacted Ikeja Electric to return and fix it.”



Post a comment

0 Comments


ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCTS HERE